Tuesday, August 01, 2006

living in a song

before i get into it...

please excuse my syntax. please excuse my grammar. i'm an old school romantic who never paid much attention to the precision required in translating your mind to black and white or whatever colour your tool may ooze.

back to the point...

some wonderful writing brought into my head a topic of living within a song. the story behind this subject, as usual, was very entertaining. at first i thought that to make a defining statement such as this i would have to sit silent, eyes closed and ponder at great length on my existense to date. wrong! all i really had to do was follow my heart.

my heart lives in the moment, and at this point in time it is living in the memory of someone i lost recently. i still find it hard to romantically phrase this loss. i suppose my anger and hurt prevent me from doing so... she passed away last june from cancer.

ok, so, living in her memory. longing for a future that has been stolen. playing a song over and over and over in my head, on my ipod, wherever... i live in this song. it is a song i wrote and each line has significant meaning to us both. it is a song that she inspired me to compsose. it is, to me, a song about how love should be, and despite the unsaid that goes along with each word, it says so much about where we were headed, togehter... before her tragic fate fell on our world.

the main inspiration started with talks of travel together, exploring the world and each other. followed by hints of commitment, stronger and more certain after each moment spent together. and finally, with a brave and confident embrace she took the pieces of my heart and gave hers in return. my heart thumps wildly for her still.

*******************************************************************
daylight is fading, i'm holding your hand
we're walking together on seashells and sand
your arms move around me, i feel the air that you breathe
time stands still before us and i don't want to leave

when all is said, when all is done
i'll still be loving you, you're so the one
when all is said, when all is done
i'll still be loving you, my heart won't be undone

the lights are off, in our room tonight
and i'm lying beside you, holding you tight
you whisper in my ear, my fingers go through your hair
if the world fell around us, i wouldn't care because...

when all is said, when all is done
i'll still be loving you, you're so the one
when all is said, when all is done
i'll still be loving you, my heart won't be undone
*******************************************************************

there you have it. it is short, it is sweet, it is ours and i miss her terribly. i miss her singing it to me, i miss singing it to her. i miss our future.

this is where i live.

2 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Mel said...

The weight of that post and what I know you've been through just hit me like a punch hard in the stomach and made me cry. I'm so sorry that you guys were dealt such a hard hand. You are really, really, really lucky though to have had that kind of love even for a short time. Most of us spend our lives looking for that.

You write beautifully.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger jibber.jabber said...

hey mel... thank you.

life sucks hard sometimes but my little girl keeps me grounded and 'in check'. one day, i'll dedicate a posting to her. i don't think she's ready for celeb status at only age 3. how is your lola handling her fame? ;)

and, yes, i am very lucky to have known this kind of love. it felt so damn good to love so hard... i know time heals. i just hate waiting.

last week an old enemy of mine (i respect his attempt to console) mentioned something about love being like a weed and how if you try hard enough you can kill it but eventually it pops up somewhere else... i guess i'm suposed to feel hopeful.

what else could i have expected from a 38 year old bachelor - what an ass!

m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home