Tuesday, September 26, 2006

run, run, run

this weekend is the annual "run for the cure". it is organized and carried out by the canadian breast cancer foundation with the major, lead sponsor being the canadian imperial bank of commerce (cibc).

with some sense of shame, i admit that i have participated in this event in the past in a rather whimsical fashion. although i now dedicate my lungs and legs indefinitely to this cause. i am doing this in memory of my missing half and i will carry her in my heart across the finish line much like i have every day since she came to rest there... with longing and devotion.

for anyone reading this post wishing to help the cause, you may do so through the following link...

https://www.cibcrunforthecure.com/html/personal_page.asp?track=1504128&languageid=1

i have not spent alot of time seeking dollars for my own participation. instead i have enlisted an army of family, friends and colleagues to participate and join me on this day to remember her. i look forward to feeling her presence as she keeps me company along the way...

i miss her terribly.

5 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Broady said...

Best wishes in a successful fund raising/running adventure. You certainly have a special source of motivation.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger deepsat said...

my hearty wishes are prayers are with you!!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Mel said...

This is the one in Toronto? The big run? I'm in if it is. For my mum.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger jibber.jabber said...

broady: thanks... inspiration is needed to get me to do something as boring as running. to bad they won't let us throw a football around too.

deep: thank you for your wishes at least ;)

mel... yes, it's in toronto. maybe i'll see you amongst the zillion others dressed in a run for the cure t-shirt? :)

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger AmyB said...

Hope the race went well! I have no doubt your missing half was running right alongside you, putting wind against your back. Good for you - I can imagine that was very therapeutic for you. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home