Monday, October 16, 2006

it's raining, it's pouring... and definitely, i'm not snoring!

somebody please explain something to me... when does the shit stop piling up? at least until i can clear the existing heap of dung falling my way?

shortly after uploading my last post, i found out that my father had been taken to ER with chest pains. he underwent triple heart bypass a few years back and had been experiencing "angina-like" symptoms. i guess wednesday must have been unbearable... otherwise he would have toughed it out.

yes, i was very worried. yes, i was conerned. yet..... i had a much more overwhelming sense telling me he would be just fine. sure enough, after all the crappy tests and observations they put him through he was release saturday afternoon. did i mention it was his birthday as well? so this was some damn good timing - or was it? the jury is still out on that one.

anyhow, little 'a' and i went over to their place and with the company of some other family members we celebrated my dad's birthday in style... chinese food, lots of red wine, and then off he and i went to the leafs vs. flames hockey game.

the game was exciting, we had a great time, we had some great chats - not very deep, but great nonetheless. it was time well spent and i'm hoping there'll be more of it in the future. as for my dad's health... he's good and would rather kick the bucket early than give up on enjoying moments like we did on saturday. AGREED!

i guess i'll have to learn to listen to that "everything will be just fine voice" in my head more often.

7 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger AmyB said...

So glad this story ended positively! I got worried! Still am, but that's what I do. I love the great attitude you and your dad share. I agree...life's too short to let the good moments pass you by.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger deepsat said...

glad ur dad is fine!!

its fantastic to see your positive attitude!!

god bless!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Happy to hear it turned out alright. It's hard watching your parents go through stuff like that.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger jibber.jabber said...

thanks everyone...

the ol' fella is eating chili & cheese nachos as we speak and yelling at the umpire while heavily drinking. not to worry... he has lipitor :)

cheers!

m.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Buffy said...

My Pa has had five heart attacks. Four bypasses. Skin cancer. Tuberculosis. Whooping cough. Gangrene that almost rotted his guts out because he didn't go to the hospital for a ruptured appendix. Two back surgeries and black lung. I've spent MY WHOLE LIFE worried he could die at any moment...my whole life....and I've missed so much.

The thing is...and I've just realised this recently...some people are just so full of life they live forever.

Your dad sounds like this. You've got the ticket...I wouldn't worry so much. Worry is wasted days you'll never get back.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Great attitude! My grandfather was much like how Buffy's described her dad. After his third heart attack, he got in his car and drove all the way from Montreal to Florida, arguing that he didn't want to miss the start of the bridge tournament at the retirement home where he stayed in Boca. My grandfather lived a very long and HAPPY life. To some degree I really believe that it's mind over matter and I think that you not worrying and your dad not worrying can only do good things.

Happy belated b-day to your dad. Glad you had fun. :)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger AmyB said...

Hey you. Still alive?... Hope all is well! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home